Friday, January 16, 2015

Poetry Slam

Yesterday night my school had a poetry slam, and this is the first one I have ever gone to one. The amount of expression that came out of people's mouth was indescribable. Some people it was their first time up there, and they read something so personal to a bunch of strangers. That to me is stepping out of the box and as I like to say living louder. Their words were ineffable and so beautiful the amount of talent in that place was too much.  These people have walked down the same halls, sat in the same classrooms, talked to the same people, and at that very moment we were all united by words. At that moment I felt a connection was made with each and everyone that was there. We all laughed together, we all sympathized together, we were all sad together, and most importantly we all had fun together. This was a way to get people to let out their feelings onto paper and into poetry and I felt like each of them gave inspiration to everyone in the audience. Everyone who listened learned something from this slam, and what I learned is that you aren't alone people will always be there to listen, learn and help you with whatever you are going through. This poetry slam really gave me inspiration and I hope one day you will take time to write a poem, attended a poetry slam, or even preform you will not regret it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home