Monday, January 5, 2015

High School Tips

High School has always been portrayed with scary teachers, bullies, and drama. Most of the things you hear about high school are not always true. By the time you reach high school most people have matured by then. But that doesn't mean everyone has.

I started off my freshman year at this school that I have been attending since I was in sixth grade. I had already meet a lot of people and dealt with the drama that came during my middle school years. But by the end of my freshman year I had to move, and start fresh. As much as it hurt to leave I did it and will be graduating from this school. I am currently going into my second semester of my senior year of high school.These are some of thing things I would tell myself if I could relive my high school experience. I hope this helps people going into high school this year or attending it now.

1. Be yourself- I know that sounds super cheesy but its true. Don't pretend to be someone to impress people it will get you nowhere. You will find your best friends just being yourself. Don't try to be better than anyone else, just be the best you can be. Don't let grades beat you up, don't let that 50% on a test effect you. Don't think you are dumb because you failed that test that everyone thought was easy. Just use that to motivate you to be better next time.

2. GPA is everything- starting from freshman year till senior year a GPA is important. This is the average of all your classes through 9th-12th grade. When your applying to college your going to wish you had an A or B instead of that C you had. So do not procrastinate, stay on top of your work (I suggest buying an agenda ) don't EVER say no to extra credit and do all your homework. Study and don't get distracted have ten to fifteen minute break if you have to.

3. Participate- Don't be afraid to ask questions or interact with teachers I promise it helps. Join clubs and meet new people. Find friends that will go with you to the football games, because your going to look back during your senior year and ask yourself why didn't you go more often. Go to all the activities like homecoming or prom even if you don't have a date, I promise its more fun to go with all your friends.

4. If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail- this means that if you don't put in the effort to do your best you will fail. So study a little longer for that test, make sure you have all your work done, be organized and put as much effort as you can in all four years. I promise it will all be worth it at the end when you end up at the school of your dreams.

Most importantly....

5. You are worth more than a number- Don't let that grade you got on that one test or the grade you have in that class determine your worth. Don't think because you got a low score on your ACT or SAT you are dumb. A number is just a number and that is all it ever be, and you know how smart you are and how much you can accomplish. So accomplish it. Retake that test, take the ACT/SAT again, don't let a number determine who you are.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home