Friday, January 2, 2015

Introduction


Hello, my name is Maria I'm eighteen years old and this is my story.
I grew up in different parts of the world, meeting new people, and experiencing different cultures. By the time I was ten years old, I had already relocated five times. I would move an additional two times before finally settling in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. Fortunately throughout my travels, I have been able to hold onto passions that are dear to me. Moreover, I have developed new ones with each adventure.
I was born in Lima, Peru and lived there for four years before moving to New York. After a brief stint in New York, my family moved to New Jersey and then London, England. After London we moved to Chicago, Illinois where we lived for four years - the longest amount of time I have ever lived in one location. From there we moved to Tulsa before finally settling in Texas the summer before my sophomore year. Everywhere I went I was able to meet different people and adapt to a new school and house. I was always good at making friends but saying goodbye is the hardest thing to do. In my last year in Tulsa, my freshman year, I found my passion for music and joined choir and show choir. While I had been singing since the age of six, I really became enthralled with music during this time. Music has always been a part of me and always will.
    Tulsa was by far one of my favorite places to live. People still ask me why, as they simply cannot understand its beauty. I learned that it is not where I live that makes a place but, rather, those I live among. I believe that you bloom wherever you are planted. In the next year I will be attending college, I do not know where I'm going yet. But I know that wherever I end up going to college it will be the right place for me.
I chose the name "living louder" because I have always been a quiet person, but I want that to change I want to be heard. I have gone through some struggles but believe that change and challenges is only whatever I make of it. But I always choose to make it work. So through this journey of mine living louder is my moto and hope it can be yours as well.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At January 14, 2015 at 4:25 PM , Blogger ••¤(`×[¤ J₳Ɏ ¤]×´)¤•• said...

Hello Maria! I love how you said, "I chose the name "living louder" because I have always been a quiet person, but I want that to change I want to be heard." This is EXACTLY the meaning of my blog, Unknown. But Aware. We are not known or people don't notice us, but we are aware of them.

1. I think my friend, Nicole could make a AWESOME blog for you, here is a link to her site,
http://nicolerose-designs.blogspot.com/p/templates.html
every design on the site is FREE, you just have to email her (no passwords or dumb stuff like that is needed)

2. Do you think you could write more poems? My blog is all poems and short stories, and I think you would fit right in if you wrote really good poems and stories!

That's it for now!
unknown-but-aware.blogspot.com
social-casualty.blogspot.com (Nicole did this blog)

xx Jelena

 
At January 15, 2015 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Maria Hall Zevallos said...

Thank you Jelena and yes we are not known by people but we can change that!
I am also in progress in writing more poems in the near future, I personally have never written a short story but there is always a first for everything.

 
At January 15, 2015 at 2:38 PM , Blogger ••¤(`×[¤ J₳Ɏ ¤]×´)¤•• said...

Great :) I will keep a lookout for poems :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home