Sunday, January 11, 2015

My Favorite Songs Of 2014

I love listening to music, and I am always open to different types of music. I decided to make a list of my favorites song of 2014. These songs I listened to during the year that I enjoyed and I hope so will you. These song are in no particular order I love them all!

My favorite songs of 2014 were...

1. Pentatonix- this is an a cappella group I am very fond of. There are have so many good songs: Say Something cover, Christmas to me, White Winter Hymnal, Mary, did you know, On my way home, Wizard of Ahh's, Radioactive cover, and so many more. I just didn't have one favorite I love all their songs.

2. Wrecking Balls by Christina Grimmie- This song was preformed on The Voice by Christina Grimmie. She had so much passion in the performance it gave me goosebumps. Before she was on The Voice she did YouTube videos and think she has an unique voice.

3. Joey - Doing It Wrong/Princess of China Mashup (feat. Jessi Smiles)- This song is a mash up of Doing it wrong by Drake and Princess of china by Coldplay. Joey and Jessi mashed it up together to make a beautiful slow song. There voices go so well together, and it became one of my favorite songs.

4. Let It Go - Frozen - Alex Boyé (Africanized Tribal Cover) Ft. One Voice Children's Choir- Everyone knows the movie Frozen and the song let it go. This is a cover with an Africanized twist to it. The music video as well does the song justice it is so beautiful as well as the voices that sang in it. It is very different than the original song and very catchy.

5. "Just A Dream" by Nelly - Sam Tsui & Christina Grimmie- This song is a cover and a duet by Sam Tsui and Christina Grimmie. This song is a perfect duet and the added piano parts make it perfect.

6. "Who You Are" - Jessie J - Anna Clendening Cover - This song is  a cover to Who You Are by  the Vine star Anna Clendening who was on Americas got talent as well.

7. Get Bright By Fellowship Creative & The Mix- This song has such a good message, and so fun to dance to. The voices are beautiful and the music video is just incredible. One of my favorites!

8. Story Of My Life (ft. Macy Kate, Tyler Ward and Kurt)- Everyone knows one direction, these three artist do a perfect cover to the One Direction song Story of my Life.

9. All I Want- Kodaline (Cover by Tiffany Stringer)- This artist is an up and coming artist, she was recently on American Idol and from Texas. This cover is one of my favorite songs of hers, and she has so much emotion into every word she sings. She is worth listening to!

10. Nick Jonas - Jealous (Gospel Version)- As much I love the regular Jealous, I am in love with the gospel version, there is so much soul in this song I love it. Nick hits a note in this song that he doesn't in the original and it really shows what he can do. I am in love!

These are some of my favorites songs of 2014 and I hope you take time to listen to them.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At January 12, 2015 at 2:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog post! I found you through teenage blogger central and I am so glad I have. I would love it if you could checkout my blog if you have any feedback that would be amazing maybe even a follow ;)
Another Teen On The Web

 
At January 14, 2015 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Envy said...

You listen to a lot of covers. The only songs on this list I know are Let It Go and All I Want. I love the Kodaline version of the last one :)
Picking up the Pieces

 
At January 15, 2015 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Michel'Lee Williams said...

#10 I totally agree. The gospel version is a bit better .

http://beingperfectlyflawed.blogspot.com

 
At January 15, 2015 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Maria Hall Zevallos said...

Thank you and sure will (:

 
At January 15, 2015 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Maria Hall Zevallos said...

I do listen to a lot of covers and I do that because I love how other people change the songs and make it their own. Don't get me wrong I love the originals but I just like how other people change it up.

 
At January 15, 2015 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Maria Hall Zevallos said...

I know right, there is so much soul in every single person and they look like they are having so much fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home