Sunday, July 26, 2015

Facts About Peru

I was born in Lima, Peru and it is one of my favorite places in the world. In March I was able to go back and revisit my home. I want to share some facts about my culture and home, and hope one day you will be able to visit this beautiful country. 


Food
Everyone always tells me that the food is their favorite, and there are so many varieties. Here are some of my favorites.
  • Ceviche- This is a dish that contains tilapia fillets that is cooked with lemon and has onions and peruvian corn and served with sweet potato and can be spicy. This dish is one of my favorites, but it's also not for everyone.
  • Inca Cola- This is a soda that is very popular in Peru. Its bright yellow, a lot of my friends said it tasted like bubble gum. Personally to me it doesn't, but I've been drinking it my whole life.
  • Alfajores- These are my all time favorite dessert. They are cookies with a sweet caramelized center, and covered in powdered sugar.
Places
There are so any places to visit in Peru being such a beautiful country.
  • Machu Picchu- It is up in the Andes mountains and is one of the seven wonders of the world. Elevated up 2,430 m above sea level but it's defiantly worth the climb.
  • Lima- This is the capital of Peru, and the city I was born in. It is a beautiful city and you can looks out into the ocean.
  • The Peruvian flag is red and white 
  • Peru is the sixth largest producer of gold
  • A traditional dish in Peru is guinea pig 
Pictures from my trip

 These four photos were from a show I went to in Lima Called "Brisas Del Titicaca" where they served food and saw dances from different parts of Peru.



These are from a place in Chosica called "El Bosque." You can go swimming go up and hike all the way up to a mountain and over look the whole town. When I went they were having their anniversary of the Bosque and they had dancers and singers and my cousins made me go up there and sing. Then days later I find out I was in their magazine. In the last picture is a dessert called Picarones to me they taste like donuts with syrup and are so delishious! But watch out for the bees!

                                                                

Towards the end of my trip I went to Santa Maria beach. In March in Peru it's like the end of summer and there weren't that many people at the beach but it was still beautiful. The  sea food is especially good there because they catch it fresh. 

















Those are some facts about Peru and a couple a pictures from my spring break trip. I hope you liked them and go visit Peru one day.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At July 27, 2015 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Yanni P said...

Nice post! The Brisas Del Titicaca looks really fun. Dances from different places in one event! How cool is that :D Also, El Bosque seemed like a really nice place.

 
At July 27, 2015 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Maria Hall Zevallos said...

Thank You! It was fun very different from shows I have seen before. El bosque was really nice and so beautiful.

 
At July 31, 2015 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Where do you live now?

 
At July 31, 2015 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At August 1, 2015 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Maria Hall Zevallos said...

I live in Texas now!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home