Monday, July 20, 2015

My Favorite Broadway Songs

I have always loved Broadway music ever since I was little and loved watching Broadway musicals. I think Broadway isn't appreciated as much as is should, so I thought I should share some my favorite Broadway songs. I hope you enjoy them.



  1. Heathers the Musical: Dead Girl Walking- The musical Heathers is one of my favorites it is very funny and not like any typical musicals. Dead Girl Walking is one of my favorites because the music is just unique and the voices are amazing. 


2. The Lion King: He Lives In You (Reprise)- I saw this musical on Broadway and when I heard this song I fell in love. The harmonies are beautiful and its really catchy, and The Lion King is a classic. Its a must see musical.



3. The Phantom Of The Opera: The Phantom Of the Opera- I love this song, the duet is perfect. The fact that she can sing the higher notes at the end is incredible. It tells a beautiful story as well. Singing this is like #singinggoals. This takes a lot of air to be able to hold out those notes and be able to sing high notes so beautifully. 


4. Wicked: Defying Gravity- If you know Broadway music you have to know this song. Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth are amazing together and the song is so empowering. This musical is the backstory to the Wizard of Oz and is astonishing.

 

5. Les Miserables: One Day More- This absolutely is one of my favorite musicals of all time. The music is amazing, the story plot is beautifully written by Victor Hugo, and the harmonies are just breath taking. I love this song because you get to see each character sing and express their feeling and that is why it is one of my favorites songs.



These are my favorite Broadway songs and I hope you enjoyed listening to them. (:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 21, 2015 at 3:51 AM , Blogger Tife.kusoro said...

I have always loved 'He lives in you' ever since I was little!!! Lion King songs are honestly the best, its a shame I've never seen it on stage!

Noire Beau

 
At July 24, 2015 at 11:29 PM , Blogger Nikki P said...

Such great picks! Les Mis, Wicked, and Phantom are my favorites too!

-smilesifyXO
smilesnomatter.blogspot.com

 
At July 25, 2015 at 11:14 AM , Blogger Maria Hall Zevallos said...

He lives in you is literally amazing, defiantly worth seeing live!
Thank you smilesifyxo, Les Mis, Wicked and Phantom are classics who wouldn't love them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home